Digital screens provide a powerful and highly visible opportunity to communicate messages across campus.
There are several content categories in the digital signage system that UBC faculties, departments and units can use to build awareness of their activities.
Events can appear on digital screens for two weeks at a time. If information is provided with enough lead time (more than a month), up to two additional weeks can be considered.
- Supporting unit(s)
- Event title (5 to 10 words)
- Date of event
- Time of event
- Location of event
- URL or an email address that provides more information or registration for the event
If you have an event that you need to appear on the digital screens, contact email@example.com.
One new course and one low-enrolment course per faculty or school can be promoted on the screens at any given time. Each course will be added for a two-week rotation.
- Course name
- Course number
- Day(s) classes are taking place as well as time of day
- Session and term
- URL of appropriate program page, or email address to contact for more information
- Dates to post and remove from signage (max two weeks per course)
If you have a course that you need to appear on the digital screens, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective campaigns or contests require effective visuals. If you want to encourage students, faculty and staff to participate in a contest or campaign in your area, connect first with a University Relations strategist.
UBCO campaigns or contests can appear on digital screens for two weeks at a time. If information or assets are provided with enough lead time (a month or more), up to two additional weeks might be considered.
To find out more email email@example.com.
University Relations coordinates all campus-wide announcements and updates that appear on the digital screens.
If you have an announcement that you need to appear on the digital screens, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All content submitted for rotation on UBC Okanagan digital screens is subject to the following:
- Only unit-approved content submitted to University Relations will be considered for display on the UBC Okanagan digital screens
- All content is subject to editorial review by the University Relations and limited to UBC-related issues and events
- Digital screen content should be relevant to the UBC community as a whole
- Content that is directed towards small interest groups may be posted at the discretion of University Relations
- Third-party advertising is not permitted on the UBC Okanagan digital screens at this time. To find out more, read Board of Governors policy UP10.